Wednesday, January 11, 2006

What's next?

Well, I was trying to think of something to do since I decided not to work on the two projects I thought that I wanted to do and I thought "hey, let's make a purse for Hannah!" See, Hannah is the daughter of a very close friend, and I thought she'd like it.

I took two fibers; the leftover Magallanes from a hat project earlier in the fall (#304) and some white wool/cotton blend (also leftover from a hat project).

that's it over to the right; it's mutli-plyed,and kinda loose...giving it a sort of wavy look. What I was hoping for was for the Magallanes to felt a lot and the and wacky icelandic stuff (I can't remember the name, but it meant something like 'vikings killed my parents and I all I got was this drop spindle') to felt a little, that way I'd have stitch definition with just a little felting action. Well, I put the finished object in the wash last night, and I'm less than pleased with the results. Now, they are the results I wanted...I just thought it would look better than it does. Ah well.

And hey! I have time to whip out a wacky scarf... This is a little girl who can appreciate a crazy scarf, so I think it will be okay. Perhaps I'll post pictures of that when it's done. Still, I'm tired of scarves. If anyone cares to recommend a good pattern or a kit, feel free... I've done too many scarves and hats, so please- nothing along those lines. Afghans, socks, boots and booties are all cool though...

Your Daily dose of "Did someone actually make that on purpose??!"



That's a thong, y'all. A THONG!

ps- it's crocheted,and I praise Jeebus that there hasn't been a way to make these on those loom-circle things, or we'd be seeing knit thongs on sorority girls across the US. And that would make the Baby Jeez cry.

7 Comments:

Blogger TrickyTricot said...

Do you know where I can find that crocheted thong pattern? I mean, I'm not, er, going to make one or anything.

7:57 AM  
Blogger ass2006 said...

Hi, a nice blog you have here. You will surely get an bookmark :) Forum

5:51 AM  
Blogger ChiliGurl said...

My gawd..........I literally have seen it ALL now.

11:50 AM  
Blogger walking, not falling said...

i soooo know that you've already done them in some acrylicky yarn....with sparkles, right?

;)

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

12:56 PM  
Blogger Sorka said...

Oh pshaa.. you could make one of these on a knitting loom no problem.. hehehe
Denise
Knitchat.com

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home