Saturday, December 17, 2005

Why FiberDork?

I dig me some yarn, yo, but I'm not an elitist. I don't require that everything be handspun, or hand dyed, or be 100% Unicorn. I just like all kinds, In fact, I really really dig synthetics. A friend of mine was over and when she stumbled over my stash of yarn, she said "oh my god, I think I found your treasure trove, wow, you're like some kind of fiberdork aren'tcha?"

And it stuck. I'm not a yarn snob, just a dork for the fiber. Oooh, sweet fiber, how I love you.

So we bought stinky candles today while we were doing some christmas shopping, and we found some neat ones... Autumn Fig is really great, but we also got Fresh Picked Cotton and Vanilla + Cashmere. The Vanilla + Cashmere is really really nice, ya know? It's burning in the living room, just a few feet away from me...

Okay, I go now...we bought ourselves some fancy new glasses and I think I gotta have a holiday cocktail. Stay warm, Internet!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for fiberdork! Love, love your site. Please write more.

2:52 PM  
Blogger LA said...

FiberDork! That's great, I love it! I'm probably considered a yarn snob because of my propensity to really shy away from all the novelty yarns.

12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home