Thursday, December 29, 2005

Horrors of Entrelac, part 1

The entrelac! Oh,the horror of it all! Oh, Internet, I wish I could show you pictures of what happened to my entrelac trial, but I can't find my trusty digital camera (I think I left it in Rich's car, it's probably hiding under the seat).

Something went wrong, but not horribly wrong. My entrelac looks nothing at all like the picture I posted in my previous entry (that was just a google image search results, I'm not that gifted). No no no, not at all like that. I think I skipped ahead and when I should have been doing left hand edge squares I did right hand squares, and then vice versa, and hell I don't know what happened, but all of a sudden I have 8 stitches on a needle that previously had 48!!

Okay, so I look at this thing, and it looks like a freaky elf hat. Then it looks like a bouquet from land where homos have never heard of Marth (Wyoming??), and THEN it's looking to me like the Norse tree of life!! So what does a quarter norwegian homo do?? Breaks out the chibi and knits that shit up into a sculpture! I'm gonna stuff it and do *something* with it. Really, it's kind of cool looking, I just wish that:

A. I had meant to do that.
B. I could remember what exactly I did.
C. That I had heat vision.

I need to take an entrelac class at my LYS; I'm really a kinesthetic learner (learn by doing!), but with this I think I need to see it done and not rely on just a book. Sometimes I have to read instructions a few times, dig around the abbreviation list at the back, then read a few more times... The p1 fb instruction confuses me; I'm 70% sure I'm doing that wrong. Oh, and SSK ? Huh-wha? I need something to soothe my soul, so maybe I'll make a quick scarf. I want to do a drop stitch scarf in black ad weave in some recycled silk that I got at the local toy store (yes, the toy store carries recycled silk, how cool is that?).

I have a friend who works there (at the toy store), and she loves my KO's...she has a few hats and a scarf- her ladyfriend would probably appreciate a scarf too, so maybe I'll just whip one out for her tonight. Or maybe I'll go price some knitting machines... anyone have any recommendations?

ps- I'll post some "horrors of entrelac" photos sometime soon, I promise!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Melissa said...

SSK! What about this one: PSSO.

I make cheat sheets all the time in my yarn journal. It's a little spiral bound book with graph paper and pouches to store yarn samples. Sometimes I have to write out in regular words what this shit means. Like for a really long time I didn't know that Pick up and knit 30 just meant you put loops on the needle. I thought you had to put the loops on the needle and then knit them. So, I was always backwards and mixed up.

6:21 PM  
Blogger TrickyTricot said...

Wow... How many times did I have to look at that first picture.. it totally looks like you're sitting there naked.

And I'm not just saying that because you said I look... menacing...

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good afternoon many have machines which not insuranced,
you have a unique opportunity only today to receive insurance the machine free of charge
auto insurance
auto insurance
cars insurance
cars insurance
texas car insurance
texas car insurance
car insurance quotes
car insurance quotes
car insurance policy
car insurance policy
xanax
phentermine
buy tramadol

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for the sake of that meticulous brand. The prices for the shoes are approximately 170 pounds on every site. But for all I set this locate selling them for half price. I in reality like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase them. what is your opinion?

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that meticulous make. The prices as regards the velcros are about 300 bucks everwhere. But completely I set this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what do you think?

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home