Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Death by Scarf

I'm not going to post a picture of the mother in law scarf because I'm not talking to it right now. I hate that scarf, it bores me. I think I'm going to frog it, because you know what, Internet? I don't like it. Yeah, I'm frogging that bitch tonight and restarting it.

Here's Rich wearing his new scarf. Now, I'm totally not telling him to hide his face, he didn't even know I was going to show this to the World Wide Webs 'n stuff. But he did, so that's what you get.

The scarf. Oh my. So. Gay. I'm so glad that I live with him, so I can borrow it. Interesting factoids about our relationship:

1. We've been together for almost 8 years.

2. Our relationship is powered by clean burning natural gas. We have to filter it through kitten stomachs though.



Also- he was eaten alive by the scarf shortly after that picture was taken. I'm a widow. Bring on the boys and cheap domestic beer! Yeehaw!

So have I mentioned that I'm a yoga teacher? My initial training has been in Ashtanga yoga (trained locally by Sharon Moon, also by Manju Jois, Mark Darby, and soon to train with David Swenson), Hatha flow yoga, Gentle yoga, and Prenatal yoga. So yeah, that's a big part of my life, because I also work in the center; my life centers around serving the people I meet in any way that I can. Sometimes it's teaching yoga, sometimes it's vacumming the floor so that we never look messy. One of my students brought me a gift today and said "I'm so much healthier and happier now, this is just a small something to say thank you."


It's a silk wall hanging... very pretty. Touching too. It's really pretty cool to have people tell me that, hey Chuck, you're on the right path. Goddamnit Internet, YOU HAD ME AT HELLO!

Also, a friend of mine is moving to Jerusalem. JA-ROO-SELL-UM, folks at home! She's a teacher also, has been a student of mine for 3 years, and we had a mentorship thing going on while she was in teacher training. We're close, and grew as teachers together. Ugh, going to miss her! I knitted her a headband using yarn that the yoga center owners gave me on my birthday as well as some yarn that she gave me for that same birthday. Dag, I should have taken pictures of it for you, Internet.

Okay, before I go frog that scarf... I'm going to have to find something pretty to wear to a company holiday party. These are always fun, I'm so looking forward to it. I'm thinking of actually wearing real wool slacks, and not just cotton pants. Oh my! I will feel like a pretty, pretty princess, just like the picture below



She's pretty! And also of debatable talent (melisma is nice, but cut down on it, pleasenthanks). So. Sparkly. Just like my dreams!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Sara said...

I'll see you at the party! Woohoo!

7:56 AM  
Blogger ChiliGurl said...

Gurl...that scarf gives a WHOLE new meaning to the term "scarfing"!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home