Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Christmas gift summary

I tried to make as many gifts as I could this year, because I'm poor. Well, not really poor, but I do have an expensive fiber habit to support... I made that muppet scarf for Rich, and well... I'm not sure that he likes it. You know, that's fine with me, since I like it and will definitely wear it (My moebius scarf is wool. I chose it because it's beautiful...I guess that's what I get for buying winter wool in July and not taking it for a test drive...but I digress). I made a hat for his mother, and am in the process of finishing up the coordinating scarf. Honestly, the scarf started as a way to use up the last of the hat yarn left over from the giant hat-making orgy that was November as I prepared for a holiday gift bazaar that I was showing at. I would have finished last night if Rich hadn't insisted on seeing King Kong. Dude, I laughed so hard when the dinosauruses were trying to eat Naomi Whatever while they were all trapped in the vines! so! funny!



Where was I? Oh yeah..hat and scarf. I gave a few hats away here at work (I can whip out a beanie-style cap in a few hours, and sometimes just make one while I'm watching a movie or wh ile we're driving to San Antonio) and also a few to some folks on my softball team. I'm also going to make some sugar scrubs for someone at work who emailed me last night- stocking stuffers made by homos, who KNOW how to stuff stockings, yo (see photo at left).


I guess what I should do is figure what I'd like to knit for whom, and begin working on projects a little more than a month before the actual holiday. I WOULD like to tackle some projects that have been on my mind for a while. I need a new sweater, and I think that would be a good time to take on the great beast Intarsia. But what design/logo should I use? Any suggestions??

3 Comments:

Anonymous Sara said...

Gah, I know about Christmas crafty panic--I tried to embroider presents for all of my friends and family last year, and it took me until the following June to finish!

An intarsia logo...hmm...maybe something yoga related? Like the face of Pattabi Jois? J/K!

8:34 AM  
Blogger ChiliGurl said...

*sigh* That RuPaul CD brings back really loving and fun thoughts for me.

12:16 AM  
Blogger LA said...

I only knit two gifts this year. If I don't get started in August, I'm usually doomed. Maybe in 2006, I'll plan ahead. Yeah, right!

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home